Näyttää siltä, että selaimesi on Internet Explorer 11 tai vanhempi. Selainta ei tueta, joten käytä muuta selainta.
Gale Virtual Reference Library is a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research
- 62 ebooks in areas of History and Culture Studies
- Archives of Sexuality and Gender: LGBTQ History and Culture Since 1940, Part I.
Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) History
- all currently enrolled full or part-time students of the Client (Turku university)
- currently employed faculty (whether on a permanent, temporary, contract or visiting basis), teaching staff, administrations and staff in the Client (Turku university)
- any person who is not a member of the student or faculty and who holds a current, valid library card (walk in users) from the Client (Turku university)
Authorised users may
Downloading and copying
- download, display, view and print off single copies of excerpts of materials contained in the Hosting Service for the internal edcuational purposes of the Client and for the Authorized User's personal non-commercial use
- distribute insubstantial extracts from the Hosting Service provided that:
- the distribution is only for educational or research purposes and is not for commercial purposes
- the distribution is incidental to some other purpose. For example, inclusion of an illustrative extract in an article for an academic publication, a textbook or an examination paper
- each extract is immediately followed in clear and legible text by reference to the Subscription Service and
- no more than three extracts from the Hosting Service may be distributed in a single work, where a work includes but is no limited to, an article, a textbook or an examination paper
Members of Faculty or Staff may
- include in their teaching materials (whether in hard-copy or as part of a Virtual Learning Environment) links to materials available from the Hosting Service.
- Authorized Users may use these links to identify and access the relevant materials
Authorised users may not
- commercially exploit all materials available from the Housting Service
- distribute all or any materials from the Hosting Service to any other person, even if that person is an Authorized User
- make multiple copies of materials from the Service to provide to other persons within the Client's organization (whether in a hard-copy or electronic format or through access to materials stored on a Server) even if all intended recipients are Authorized Users and there is no restriction on Concurrent Users
Access by IP-address in the university network.
Remote access is permitted for Authorized Users using University of Turku's utu-username.
The Client may supply to an authorized user of a Participating Member ("Recipient"), in hard copy format or electronically, a single article or item from the Hosting Service for the purposes only of that Recipient's reseach or private study, provided that
- the copy is used by the Recipient only in hard copy format
- the Recipient doesn't, in hard copy or electronic format, distribute or otherwise make the copy available to any other person
- the Recipient makes no commercial use of the copy and
- the Recipient, the Authorized User and the Client comply at all times with the rules of the Approved Library Loan Scheme from time to time in force