Researchers may enter pre-2010 publications as well as publications not affiliated to the University of Turku. In this case, the right statuses for the data in the CRIS are "Ready" and "Old (before 2010 or no UTU publication)".
Publication information can be imported from databases Web of Science, Scopus and PubMed. Alternatively, publication information can be filed manually.
If you need any help on importing your publications from other databases or inserting the publication information on UTUCRIS-system, please contact the library UTUCRIS-team. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check if you have any older publications waiting for validation by using the Researcher’sCV function. (available when logged in UTU account).
Click https://reporting.utu.fi/reports_tydw_web/browse/Tutkimus/TutkijanCV (Asks UTU user name and password if logging in the first time.)
Choose Omat julkaisuni ennen vuotta 2010 - My publications from before 2010.
Select language and Publication status: For validation by library
Now you can see the list of your older publications which are waiting for the validation.
If you wish to make these publications publicly visible without any corrections, send a request to library’s service address email@example.com. Thus, library will mark the publications as “Old (before 2010) or not UTU publication” and after that they will show at your profile page.
If you wish to edit your publications, it is possible on UTUCRIS-system.
You can check the publication information as follows.
Log in to UTUCRIS http://research.utu.fi.
At the top right, click LOGIN to access your own researcher page.
Select a Publications from the left.
The status of the publications is shown on the right.
SEARCH OF THE PUBLICATIONS TO BE OPENED
If you have a lot of publications, you can filter the older publications.
Now you can see all your older publications which are waiting for the validation.
You can view the details of the single publication by clicking the Edit link.
Check the details of the publication and if they are correct (no data need to be changed) click Cancel. In this case, you dont´t need to complete all the fields that are mandatory in new publications.
If the information of the publication must be revised or must be supplemented, you will be able to make it at this stage.
If you have to edit information, you have to supplement the following sections also: Open Access, Is the publication self-archived, National Cooperation, Internationality of publication, International Co-publication and Fields of science. The publication cannot be saved if these fields have not been filled.
When you are ready, click Save finished.
Set status Old (before 2010) or not UTU publication. Click Done. Now the publication information will appear on the public portal and on your profile page.
Images can be enlarged by clicking them!
1. Log in to UTUCRIS (Converis) with your UTU credentials and click “Add new” → “Publications” → “Publication”.
2. Choose “Import from” → “External sources”.
3. Choose an operative affiliation card on which you want to relate your publications.
4. Choose the source aka database from which you want to import your publications.
5. On the “authors” search field the valid way of writing is the default one: last name and the first letter of your first name.
7.Click “Search”. The search might take a while if you have a lot of publications.
8.Choose the publications you want to import on the list below. If the “Action to be performed” margin says “Possible duplicate” or “Already your publication”, the publication is probably already in UTUCRIS and doesn’t need to be imported.
9. NB! If the search gives you more than ten publications, they appear in several tabs.
10. After choosing all the wanted publications, click “Validate”.
11. Check the list one more time. Click “Confirm”.
12. Now you see how many publications you have brought to the system. If you want to save them as a draft mode (not publicly visible) click “Done”. You can edit the publication records later.
13. When you want to examine your publications, go to “Publications” on the drop-down menu, choose the “Date edited (descending order)” to get your last imported publications on the top of the list.
14. Before you start editing a publication, note that after opening it for edition you have to fill in the fields regarding Open Access, Is the publication self-archived, National Cooperation, Internationality of publication, International Co-publication, and Fields of science.
If you wish to make your imported publications publicly visible without any corrections, send a request to library’s service address firstname.lastname@example.org. Thus, library will mark the publications as “Old (before 2010) or not UTU publication” and after that they will show at your profile page on UTUCRIS.